"This year, I was had the opportunity to stay in Japan for my honeymoon.
This journey changed my life: I discovered a culture totally different from the European culture, but also the breathtaking landscapes!
I had time to visit only some tourist cities, and I keep this frustration to have visited that a tiny part of Japan and not to have been able to discover all this culture so rich and different.
My project is simple: make discover Japan and Japanese culture through unpublished pictures (and explanations) that would immortalize unusual places, cultural indiscretions, all this as the seasons go by, to share unique photography.
I would also like to make share my pictures, via a web site for example, to make live the experience of «unusual and curious Japan " to the people who will have can be never the chance to go to the land of the rising sun.
This site could welcome pictures distributed as follows:
- The tourist places in the course of the various seasons
- The tourist places over time (of century, of decade, in 24 hours)
- Unusual places, off the beaten track, rarely or never visited by the Europeans
- Sometimes curious Japanese uses(practices)
- The celebrations of a life (marriage, religious ceremonies)
- The parties and the Japanese festivals
- The religious customs and the Japanese divinities
- The housing environment and the gardens
- The Mount Fuji-Yama, the emblem of Japan
- The Japanese gastronomy
- The fashion, through the clothing curiosities and the CosPlay
- The Japanese music, through J-Pop
- The "franponais" (French & Japanese on one language)
- Mangas’ culture
- The Japanese cinema
- The Japanese theater
- Seaside and mountainous Japan
There are many works which present the tourist places and some lines of the Japanese culture, but few works or Web sites present Japan of an unusual and curious eye, and even less throughout the various seasons of the year.
I hope that this project will make you dream so much that it makes me dreams me. If it is the case, support I and share my dream!"